Please join YWCA St. Paul as we host a ‘virtual’ candlelight vigil featuring inspiring words and music to bring our community together as part of the healing process following the death of George Floyd.
With the grief, anger and despair suffusing our community, YWCA St. Paul is pleased to offer this opportunity for our community to come together safely through a virtual gathering.
This is a community-wide gathering with our partners from YWCA Minneapolis hosting a simultaneous vigil across the river.
When: June 30, 7:00 p.m.
Where: Event will be streamed live on YWCA St. Paul’s YouTube Channel – Visit https://youtu.be/E95ye8o_bIg to access the live stream
*Plan to bring a candle to light – or check out the free ‘Virtual Candle HD’ app and load on your phone!*
- 7:oo p.m. – Welcome & Candle Lighting, Gaye Adams Massey, YWCA St. Paul CEO
- 7:05 p.m. – Prayer & Spoken Word, The Reverend Craig Lemming, Associate Rector at St. John the Evangelist Episcopal Church
- 7:15 p.m. – Musical Interlude, Jamela Pettiford
- 7:20 p.m. – Spoken Word, Tish Jones, Spoken Word Artist, TruArt Speaks
- 7:25 p.m. – Musical Interlude, Arts Us – Sankofa Youth Drumming
- 7:30 p.m. – Spoken Word & Song, T. Mychael Rambo, Actor and Vocalist
- 7:40 p.m. – Closing Remarks, Gaye Adams Massey, YWCA St. Paul CEO
- 7:45 p.m. – Song of Farewell, Jamela Pettiford