With 23 days remaining in 2020, it is time to start visioning for 2021. Although there is still a global pandemic impacting our lives, opportunities for engagement, and travel, that doesn’t mean that future plans have to be bound by this reality. Take some time over the next few weeks to reflect on the year 2020 and start to reimagine the possibilities of 2021 through a well-intentioned vision or dream board activity.
The purpose of a vision or dream board is to create visualizations of what you want to accomplish, things you want to do, feel and/or experience in the coming year. Creating a board allows you to create a sacred space to display what you want to manifest in your life. It is important to place your vision or dream board in a place where you can see it often. By doing this, you are essentially engaging in short visualizations throughout the day and sparking new energy.
There are NO rules to creating a vison/dream board. You can’t mess it up. Create your board on your own terms.
What you’ll need:
- Any kind of board (poster board, cork board, pin board, cardboard) – whatever your heart desires.
- Scissors, tape, pins and/or glue stick (depending on the board you choose)
- Totally optionally: fun markers, stickers, and other embellishments (feathers, beads, etc.)
- Magazines that you can clip images and quotes from (you can also write your own or print them)
- Photos of yourself, friends, postcards, and quotes or sayings that inspire you every day
- Creating a vision board is a process, so give yourself at least an hour to put your board together. This can also be done virtually with friends. So, if you are up to it, invite friends and host a ‘vision board party’ for 2021.
How to create your board:
- Set the scene. Create a space to be creative in by turning off the TV and maybe turning on some music. Light some of your favorite scents (candles, incense, sage, etc.).
- Wear something comfortable and relaxing.
Question: What’s your vision for 2021?
Contributor: La’Shante Grigsby, Youth Programs Manager