Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.ywcastpaul.org
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you use a form to contact us or subscribe to a mailing list, we collect the data shown in the contact form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. Personal information will only be added to our mailing lists if you opt-in to do so.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
In order to provide the best possible service and to allow us to make certain internal reports and make recommendations, we collect aggregate information about the use of the this website, including information about visitors accessing the Website such as internet protocol addresses, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, other browser history, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time.
Who we share your data with
We will share your personal information with third parties to carry out services as described in this policy. Services include:
- Campaign Monitor (email marketing)
- Google AdWords (advertising network)
- Google Analytics (web traffic analysis)
- Blackbaud (donation processing)
- Snowball Fundraising (donation processing)
- ShapeNet (fitness membership/class registration)
- Team Unify (swim club management)
To learn what data these organizations hold about you and what they do with it, please check the respective data policies for these external services. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may share your personal information:
- As required by law and/or in response to lawful requests by public authorities, such as to comply with reporting requirements, a subpoena or similar legal process, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- In connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy or other unlawful activity or as we believe reasonably necessary to protect or enforce our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others.
- With any other User, contributor, campaign owner or third party with your prior consent to do so as described in this Policy.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as processing your payments, accepting job applications and offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us and are obligated to keep your information confidential. Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content from our service providers while preserving the look of our Website, such as when you enter credit card information. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to https://www.www.ywcastpaul.org
If YWCA St. Paul is involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of its assets or bankruptcy, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
If you have any questions about this Policy, the practices of this site or your dealings with this Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at YWCA St. Paul, ATTN: Communications Manager, 375 Selby Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55102
How we protect your data
We may store personal information in locations outside our direct control (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers).
We use Security Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to encrypt sensitive personal information (such as your payment information and geolocation) before it travels over the internet. Credit card numbers are never stored on our database or servers.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100 percent secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Website, please contact us.
What data breach procedures we have in place
In the event of a data breach, we will promptly notify any Users whose personal information is compromised. Notwithstanding, YWCA St. Paul does not accept liability for any unintentional disclosure or a disclosure that occurs due to a security breach of our systems or facilities.
This policy relates exclusively to donors and pertains to collection of information, including information collected on our website. By submitting your information to us, or any of our staff, you consent to the terms and conditions of the policy and to our processing personal information for the purposes stated below.
We adhere to the Donor Bill of Rights which was created by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) along with other professional fundraising organizations.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information:
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone or by mailing a check.
- We may collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event.
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us by email, phone, or in person with a question. We may then collect your name, address and email in order to respond to that inquiry.
The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by YWCA St Paul. Occasionally, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
Unsubscribe From Our Mail and Email Lists
It is our desire not to send unwelcome communications to our supporters. Our supporters may choose to ‘opt-out’ and remove themselves from our mail and email lists at any time. To ‘opt-out’, please contact us at:
You can reach us at: email@example.com
YWCA St Paul – Development
375 Selby Ave
St Paul, MN 55102
You can reach us at: 651-222-3741
Use of Personal Information
- We will not sell, trade or share your personal information collected on the website or through any other business activities with anyone else.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
- YWCA St. Paul strives to be PCI compliant; we protect financial information received both online and offline. We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration. YWCA St. Paul uses an accredited and secure online payment processing service. YWCA St. Paul does not store, nor do we have access to, your credit card information, bank account numbers or other account data sent through our processing services. Credit card payment information mailed to us offline is shredded after payments have been processed.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- Limited donor information, such as name and timeframe in which a donation was made, may be used for promotional and fundraising activities. YWCA St. Paul provides donors the option to have their name publicly associated with their donation or to remain anonymous (donors must specifically request to remain anonymous).